POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Object collection - office accessory WIP [28 kb] : Re: Object collection - office accessory WIP [28 kb] Server Time
2 Aug 2024 00:19:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Object collection - office accessory WIP [28 kb]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 9 Feb 2008 01:07:51
Message: <47ad4337$1@news.povray.org>
Janet wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>
>>This is a seal punch.  Mesh2 object. Rendered with Jaime's Studio light
>>kit.  This used his standard setup #4 without HDR.  I just plugged my
>>object into his demo scene.
>>
>>The model will provide the option of placing an image map in the area
>>across the side and front where I have applied a flower motif.  This is
>>done by providing two front 'panels', one UV mapped, one not.
>>
>>Also there will be a macro to rotate the handle and press down the plunger.
>>
>>At the moment I am not inclined to work on the texturing too much.  It
>>seems to me that people would want to texture the model themselves.  Not
>>sure where to draw the line there.
>>
>>Comments?
>

> It looks really nice. My first thought was that it would be nice to have the
> handle rigged to go up and down. But now I see you've handled that already.
> I never thought of using a macro to rig something. You always come up with
> interesting ideas. :)

Thanks for the kind words.  Yes it was actually out friend Trevor who
suggested rigging the office objects in another 'object collection'
thread.  In the end it was too simple a task to warrant a separate macro
and I just added the rotate parameter to the general macro for creating
the object.  I was actually much prouder of the optional image_map idea
which involved UV mapping just part of the object rather than the whole
thing .

Which, now that I think of it, I sent this model off to Ben to include
in the 'collection' a day or so ago and never actually heard anything
back.  I am wondering if the email got through okay.